Monday, April 18, 2011

Big Kitty WUT?

Hey Guys,

It's been some time, I could explain but I would rather not. I have some other posts planned but have no time to piece them together (or take photos that is) but when I saw this, I had to post, I had to know!

So here I was, browsing the internet in my home clothes, shopping online for shoes and bags (because shopping cures all manners of depression in the shortest times possible) when I saw, this:



[Paris Hilton at Hello Kitty 35th Anniversary Event: Three Apples. Los Angeles, USA. 23 October 2009.
Source: People Magazine, Photo Credit: Giulio Marcocchi/Sipa]




[Paris Hilton at Hello Kitty 35th Anniversary Event: Three Apples. Los Angeles, USA. 23 October 2009.
Source: OK Magazine, Photo Credit: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images]



[Paris Hilton at Hello Kitty 35th Anniversary Event: Three Apples. Los Angeles, USA. 23 October 2009.
Source: OK Magazine, Photo Credit: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images]



I mean, that thing is HUGE. I tried searching Sanrio.com to see if it was sold there; nope. (And I struggled with finding "Sanrio" because I kept spelling "Sanyo" which is a brand name I often see because of work -.-")

How I came to know of this is because there is a local "Spree-er" who is able to get a hold of these knock-off Hello Kitty Bags, prices listed between SGD$52-$77 depending on size, postage not inclusive. She's also got another type of bag based on rabbits instead of cats.

If you're interested, leave a comment to this post with your e-mail and I will link you to it. I'm sure there are some other sellers but this is the one I found, and note: I've never bought from this seller before so no guarantees, just a suggestion. I won't link it here because we're not affiliated and this is a non-commercial blog. Period.


Yeah, and I can't find the original bag anywhere. Either it's a phantom or my research skills really suck.



So anyway, here are my questions:

1) Would you buy it? Dis-regarding the cost factor, geniuine or knock-off.
2) Would you buy it? Regard the cost factor.
3) Would you carry it out and use it as a bag? (Because I would assume you'd buy it and display it in your room like you would a stuffed figure that size)



And let's also get this out on the table now. I am not a Hello Kitty fanatic. This is just a curious post.

Leave your comments below because we all like comments!


So, while I was getting this post together, I was supposed to be working (but then I ended up shopping), so time's lost which I must work back now. And %)^%*&*!*^)*!% me, but there is seriously a lot of red-tape involved in blogging. I'm never going to use commercial pictures ever again! (By which I actually mean, I'm going to keep it to a minimum, like, 0.1% of the time kind of minimum)

p.s. I know these pictures are from 2009. Leave this rock-dwelling being alone!!! :(


Karen.

1 comment:

  1. hey im not sure how long ago you posted this lol but please please please tell me how to get this bag i have to have it lol my email is courtneyisherefirst@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete